I tend to overcook pork chops and although I had some success with this https://pursuingflavors.com/recipes/pork-chops
Today I am going to try to Sous Vide them to 140 F, then sear them on serve with a pan sauce apple sauce, and some steamed broccoli.
- Set Sous Vide to 140F
- Salt and Pepper the pork chops and put them in a vacuum sealed bag (I use Seal a Meal)
- Once the Sous Vide is up to temp, drop in water and cook for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from Sous Vide and get a cast iron skillet or grill smoking hot.
- Sear pork chops on each side for approx 1 min.
- Remove from pan and tent with tin foil.
- Add chicken stock to the pan and scrape up any bits.
- Add Apple cider vinegar, honey, over medium high heat and reduce
- Take off the heat, and add butter 1 tbs at a time to slightly thicken the sauce.
- I served it with some homemade apple sauce ( https://pursuingflavors.com/recipes/homemade-apple-sauce ) and broccoli